Friday, August 14, 2009

family bed

I slept 11 hours last night. Michael couldn't sleep so I climbed into bed with him. That was 8 pm. I woke up at 8:50 with his fingers tugging gently at my hair. I think he had been awake the whole time. I fell back to sleep and when I woke up 20 minutes later, he was out.

I snuck out of the kids room and climbed into my own bed. Some time later, Lindsay climbed in to our bed. And later, Michael too. This is the way it goes. We play musical beds. And, generally, the sleep is blissful.

I slept until 6:45. When I woke up, I was rested. But would have rather snuggled even longer with the monkeys. They were sound asleep, side-by-side, in between me and Matt.

Tonight, after all that sleep, I'm restless. I'm need a good book. Something smart, complex, but not pretentious. Any suggestions?

No comments: